Sunday, May 6, 2007

Looking back at 2006

A little recap of the past year...

1. What did you do in 2006 that you'd never done before?
Felt independent

2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I believe my New Years resolution was, AGAIN, to better my vocabulary, and again, it didn’t happen. So I think I need a new one. My biggest goal is to run the Bolder Boulder with my mom this year.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Nope.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
My grandpa died last December, and that was the hardest thing I’ve had to deal with.

5. What countries did you visit?
Nadda.

6. What would you like to have in 2007 that you lacked in 2006?
I would like to control my stress! I haven’t been able to truly achieve that yet, but one day it’ll happen.

7. What dates from 2006 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
End of May: it was when Dominic left for his internship.


8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Getting a 3.8 something this semester with 6 courses (18 credits) and being Jr. VP of Pledge Education for Deltasig

9. What was your biggest failure?
Wasting time realizing things I already, deep down, knew.


10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Haha, um, let’s say no.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
An I-pod! That may have been at the end of last year, I didn’t buy a whole lot this year. I bought a really great pair of Gap jeans.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
I know some incredible people; I was overwhelmingly impressed with JD, Dominic and Heike this year.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
A boy who I thought was better than he ended up being. Actually, a couple of those.

14. Where did most of your money go?
Since I didn’t have a job the fall semester, definitely just basic living took all my money. Oh, and buying pizza every MWF in the Skeller.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Being Jr. Pledge Ed, and now Vice President. And, of course, Dominic.

16. What song(s) will always remind you of 2006?
Bouncing Souls “The Day I turned my back on you”

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? About the same I suppose, but let’s say a little happier!
b) Thinner or fatter? Thinner apparently.
c) Richer or poorer? Waaayyyy poorer, hence why I’m home in imaginary town working.

18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Slept. Relaxed. Bonded with Heike. Appreciated life.

19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Complaining. Crying. Stressing.

20. How will you be spending Christmas?
With my mom, dad, brother and extended family in Washington D.C.

22. Did you fall in love in 2006?
A couple times, all with the same guy.

23. How many one-night stands?
A big ole ZERO.

24. What was your favorite TV program?
The O.C., Scrubs

25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Um. Hate isn’t a good word, but there are a couple of friends of mine that I don’t really have a need to interact with anymore. They aren’t the people I thought they were.

26. What was the best book you read?
The World is Flat was actually REALLY interesting!

27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Ben Lee.

28. What did you want and get?
I guess I didn’t really want a whole lot, I’m pretty satisfied.

29. What did you want and not get?
Same.

30. What was your favorite film of this year?
The Holiday!

31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 20, and I was in California with my grandma and we had an incredible dinner in San Francisco right on the water. Absolutely beautiful.

32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Nothing, it was a good year. Sure, everything wasn’t perfect, but with all those bad things I was able to focus on how lucky I am when I do finally get them.

33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2006?
Really, really comfortable and relaxed. Good ole Deltasig t-shirts, ripped jeans, converse shoes.

34. What kept you sane?
Heike, Dominic, my Mom, Melissa, Jerrod and JC. And some sleep and crying.

35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Whatever the guy who was in “John Tucker must die” is freaking HOTT!! That’s all I got. Good and shallow.

36. What political issue stirred you the most?
Gay rights, I wish people would just chill and realize that there are lots of different people in this world, and it’s time we start accepting them.

37. Who did you miss?
Laurie.

38. Who was the best new person you met?
JC. Getting to finally know Jerrod was great. A lot of new Deltasigs!

39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2006:
Everything always works out in the end. Oh, and COMMUNICATION is so important!

40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
“And frequently
We ignored our love
But we could never mistake it”

- Ben Kweller

No comments: