Sunday, May 6, 2007

To Stand Alone

So I love love.


I love the giddiness. The excitement. The nervousness. The fact that I can be perfectly content watching mindless television just because I am sitting next to him.

What is it about life that makes humans crave that kind of interaction. Intimacy. Comfort. Excitement. Stability. Why do we seek that and feel as if that’s the only want to be truly satisfied? Why rely on someone else to make you happy?

That should be changed.

I think I have finally crossed that line into the world that I am here for me and will do what I can do to make myself happy. I don’t NEED someone all the time…yes I love people…but I don’t need a boyfriend. Don’t get me wrong, I love having a boyfriend—didn’t this whole post start with ‘I love love.’ I’m just saying that it’s something new I’ve realized about myself. These days my life revolves around my individual activities. Things that I love being part of and I love devoting my time to. I love devoting my time to friends and a certain boy as well, but this year I’m only going to do what I want to do, not what others want me to do. If certain friends become too critical of me, I can handle moving on in life without them. Although unfortunate, I am finally strong enough to stand-alone.
It’s been awhile since I could say that…so it feels good.

No comments: