Sunday, May 6, 2007

Uh-oh

So..I think something's wrong with me...I've been having those dreams...the ones that MUST mean something but I just can't figure it out.

Night one: Dream one:
I was in a church with my family, we were front row center and it seemed to be a funeral. My dad was telling me that both of my grandparents had died and i was obviously having a hard time deal with it. I was crying hysterically in my dream, and I even woke up crying. As the ceremony continued I remember only my dad, who was saying things to try and make me feel better. He was being very protective and comforting, which aren't common characteristics of him. I felt miserable and then half way through the ceremony Jesus walked in one of the doors with light bursting behind him through the door. Everyone seated shielded their eyes except for me, I just began to stare. My dad took his arm and covered my eyes with it. He then reprimanded me for staring at Jesus when 'everyone knows' that is not something that's allowed.

And that is how my dream ended--and I woke up crying

Night two: Dream two:
I was in this big, VERY old, truck with two good friends of mine (Lara and Laurie) and i was having a hard time driving it. A combination of a terrible clutch and the huge size of it made us decide to just park on the side of the road. These two girls came over and pushed the truck so it started rolling away so I had to gain control of it. As we were gliding down the hill we were all in a panic trying to get it going and such. Finally we got it going and then we hit traffic--an accident had occurred up ahead. By the time we got to the site of the accident I noticed my dad's green Saturn and I began to panic. The two girls had driven off in a hurry and crashed into another car. I jumped out of the car and asked one of the policemen if it was my dad, describing him as "having white hair and wearing a checkered dress shirt." The policeman verified that it was indeed my dad who was in the accident, and sure enough he had died from it. Once again I started hysterically crying, and that was when I woke up.

So--hum--I think I'm crazy. I told my family about the dreams and they guessed that I'm feeling guilty about something, but I have no idea what. It just seemed odd to me to have two dreams, back to back, that were so extreme.

No comments: